Friday, December 7, 2012

Messi recovering from injury-scare


MADRID - Barcelona star Lionel Messi at ease fans he was feeling good after taking part in light training on Thursday in the face of being stretchered off with a knee injury during the 0-0 draw at home to Benfica in the Champions League.
The 25-year-old worked in the gym as his teammates trained outside and afterwards said he still had a chance of playing in the La Liga clash against Real Betis on Sunday.
"I feel fine, but I don't know yet if I will be available for Sunday," Messi said at a promotional event at the Nou Camp.
"I'll see. I am grateful for all the messages of support I have received."
Messi came on in the 58th minute of Wednesday's tie only to collide with Benfica goalkeeper Artur Moraes six minutes from time in a match that was meaningless to Barcelona but where he was chasing his 85th goal of the calendar year which would have equalled Gerd Mueller's long-standing record.
The sight of their star player being stretchered off the pitch silenced the Barca fans, but there was relief soon after with the club confirming the injury was no worse than a bruised left knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment